How to grade students with no post

How to grade students with no post

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,

I have been searching in the Moodle forums and I can't seem to find the answer.

Is there a way to grade students who have not posted messages in a graded forums?.

Eduardo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Hernandez

Re: How to grade students with no post

by James Steinbach -
Although I don't know why you'd need to grade an assignment that a student doesn't do (that's usually a 0 - which is how Moodle scores a blank grade), I can see two options for you:

1) Create an assignment (Type = Offline activity; Visible to students = false) with the same point total as the forum and make it extra credit.  Only grade it for students who didn't post.  [A little harder]

2) Login as the student, create a post/reply with filler text (such as "Failed to post") and then grade it.  [Probably easier]

Helpful?
smile
In reply to James Steinbach

Re: How to grade students with no post

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Hi James,

Thank you so so much for your post. I will forward it to teachers who asked me for this.

The reason why, I think our teachers need this, it's because, in our country grades go from 1 to 7. And we have added calculated columns to Moodle gradebook, for averages, etc. (We took some previous code Gustav Delius from contrib), and I think while calculating averages a 0 or 1 makes a difference. That's the reason.

Thank you so so much for you reply