Enrollment key keep been asked....

Enrollment key keep been asked....

by Emilio J. Sanz -
Number of replies: 10
Dear colleagues,

In our "aula virtual" (virtual teaching area: http://www.medicina.ull.es), each time a student try to enroll ina course, with the password provided by the teacher, she or he is admitted into the course... But, all other sucesive occassion in shich the student try to access the course is asked with the same keyword again and again...

Any clue how to solve it? Thanks!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emilio J. Sanz

Re: Enrollment key keep been asked....

by Dr S Bhatia -
version details of moodle please
and platform details
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Emilio J. Sanz -
Thnaks a lot for your answer, the Version of moodle is Moodle 1.6.3 (2006050530)
The platform is Apache, but I'll try to get more details in few hours...

Thank you very much, the students (and some teachers) are quite disappointed....

Emilio

by Dr S Bhatia -
Dear Emilio

Sorry to say but problem is still not clear because of my not asking a clear question from you.
If the system repeatedly asks for the key, when provided with with the key, does it allow the user to enter or not?
this means that students and teachers are disappointed coz they have to  type the key EVERYTIME to use it or are they unable to access it despite typing the key?
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Emilio J. Sanz -
Dear friend, My idea of a perfect weekend is pretty similar to yours, but near de sea, and with some scuba diving...

Thanks for your interest!!!. Indeed it is as you described: The students are asked to enter the key each time, and them, they are granted the access to the course, and kept registered as students of that course. But next time, instead of giving then direct entrance to the course, they are asked again for the same key... It is a type of a nuissance, but we get every day several complaints...

If you have any clue?

Thanks again!!

Emilio

In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Emilio J. Sanz -
Sorry... some more details...
NombreInformaciónReportEstado
databasemysqlversion 4.1.16 is required and you are running 5.0.24OK
php
version 4.3.0 is required and you are running 5.1.6.0.2OK
php_extensioniconvis recommended to be installed/enabledOK
php_extensionmbstringis recommended to be installed/enabled

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's not just the old "Enrolment Duration" setting again is it???

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administration_FAQ#Users_are_being_unenrolled_for_no_apparent_reason
In reply to Howard Miller

by Emilio J. Sanz -
Thanks a lot...!!! No, it is not!... The students are enrolled, and kept on the list of students of the course (as well as in the participant list) and the system kepts the records of their participation in the activities. In the list of variables of the course it is set as "course enrollable" yes, with "date range" inhabilitated, and with a 350 days duration of enrollment... So it seems that it works properly, but still keep asking the key each time...

Thanks for the try, but I thing that this is not the problem... Any other idea?

Emilio

by Dr S Bhatia -
Thanks for appreciating my idea of weekend. Being a land-locked urban chap, sea is something we rarely see, and we do regret that smile

Somehow i am not able to find out the solution. It keeps occuring to me that it is a very obvious solution but eludes me.

So I am Thinking loudly so as to think of the places we must check:

1. your student enrolment method.
  2. what is the position of allow guests with the key/allow guests without the key/do not allow guests. the moodle says If you choose to allow guests who have the key, then the guest will need to provide the current enrolment key EVERY TIME they log in (unlike students who only need to do it once). This lets you restrict your guests. I have a feeling that the settings here mat be the key but am not able to pinpoint.
Do check these and get to this forum. may be we need more moodle gurus to sort this out smile
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Emilio J. Sanz -
That was a nice try... but it doesn't work... It happens the same to me, I feel it is an stupid variable somewhere, but I can't figure out which one... Any other ideas...???

Thanks,

Emilio

by Marek Kopel -
The same thing here with Moodle 1.5.4 and
Name Information Report Status
database mysql version 4.1.16 is required and you are running 5.0.24 OK
php
version 4.3.0 is required and you are running 5.1.6.3 OK
php_extension iconv is recommended to be installed/enabled OK
php_extension mbstring is recommended to be installed/enabled OK

So I'm also interested in solving this problem (but have no idea so far).