meta wiki

meta wiki

by Gabriel Litwin -
Number of replies: 3
Hi:
i want to create a metawiki for all course, so each course have only one general wiki
or even better , can i link the wiki each others?
How can i do that?
Thanks for read
Gabi
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabriel Litwin

Re: meta wiki

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Gabi, 2
I think that you can acomplish this by creating a wiki in the site main course ( we are working on a wiki format for the main course ) and then linking the diferent wikis using regular wiki links...
In the future we want to implement some kind of interwiki linking suchas mediawiki wikiname:wikipage but for now we have to wait.
cheers
Ludo out
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by John LaGuardia -
I'm totally new to Wikis, but I think I'm trying to do the same thing: have one Wiki linked to all courses.

I just tried putting one on the front page of the site and it links to things on the front page, but not to anything else, so not to anything in a course.

If a site-wide Wiki isn't possible, I'd settle for linking the front page Wiki to individual course Wikis, but I can't work out how to link one Wiki to another. I haven't found that in the documentation.

Thanks!
In reply to John LaGuardia

by John DeBruyn -
Hi John:

A site wide wiki would be cool. Perhaps it could work a bit like a glossary with WikiName page names appearing elsewhere linked back to the wiki. That would, more or less, allow the wiki to double as a glossary.

John