Databases: Need help with INSERT

Databases: Need help with INSERT

by Javier Martínez Alfonso -
Number of replies: 3
Hi everybody!

I have a php file which, among other things, has the following:

execute_sql("INSERT INTO mdl_p_resumenes (id, nombre, area, evaluador) VALUES ('$id_autor', '$original', '$destino', '$evaluador2')");

As you can see, I´m trying to insert a new row in the table mdl_p_resumenes, but it doesn´t work! It returns an error sad.

But if I try it with some certain values it works and it adds a new row:

execute_sql("INSERT INTO mdl_p_resumenes (id, nombre, area, evaluador) VALUES ('10', 'archivo.txt', 'area del congreso', '15')");

I also check $id_autor, $original... before doing that, and they all have the right values.

Can somebody help me please???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Javier Martínez Alfonso

Re: Databases: Need help with INSERT

by Javier Martínez Alfonso -
I´ve just solved it, the problem wasn´t there
In reply to Javier Martínez Alfonso

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
But you probably ought to be using the insert_record function instead.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ger Tielemans -

In the old version of Moodle I hacked the rights of the admin in such a way that course creators could adress a course to a teacher EVEN when the were not a teacher of that course themselves.

I gave up this dangeruous hacking and try now to use this function, but it seems not to work:

add_teacher($userid, $courseid, $editall=1, $role="teacher", $timestart=0, $timeend=0, $enrol="manual");

I populate userid and courseid, but..

any idea?