Feature request: visible submissions and multiple scales

Feature request: visible submissions and multiple scales

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 1

I've just been thinking about how to assess my students on a continuous basis and have hit upon giving them a series of practice exam questions every week to do as homework. The aim is not to mark them all in depth (with 100 students I would have no life!) but to have a quick skim to se if they've had a go and roughly to what standard.

I can use the assignment module as it stands to set and grade their submissions using a scale, but I'd like to be able to use more than one e.g.

• How many questions are completed
  • Quality of knowledge & understanding
  • Quality of analysis and evaluation

I'd also like to allow the students to look at each other's submissions for comparison, as they can currently do with the wiki module (if it's set to allow it).

Could whoever is refactoring the code bear this in mind? And does anyone else think these things would be useful?

Matt

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Feature request: visible submissions and multiple scales

by Chelsea Woods -
I think these would be extemely useful, and generate a grading device that would replace software that hasn't been created yet.

I am very interested in using multiple scales for one assignment. We use standard based assessment, and usually assess 2-5 standards (scales, criteria) in one assignment. I would love to be able to give feedback on each with a preset descriptor.

So far we do not have any grade recording software that allows us to record results for one assignment that assesses multiple standards. We are forced to enter the assignment again for each standard.

I know the workshop is set up to be able to assess multiple 'elements,' what are the chances that the assignments module could be set up to allow this? The workshop also allows students to see each other's work -could this be built into assignments as an option?

On the side: I have been working with making my own scales, and have had trouble entering descriptions for my descriptors. I enter the descriptors from worst to best with comma deliniation, but can't see a way of entering the descriptions. Hints?