Moodle Chant

Moodle Chant

by Anthony Borrow -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I have been very encouraged by the enthusiasm with which our students and faculty have embraced Moodle. This enthusiasm can be heard even at our football games when the Moodle Chant gets started. Many teachers have been encouraged to go beyond the minimal requirements of posting their syllabi and are learning how to post class assignments, make resources available to the students, give online quizzes and setup forum discussions. Many of our school's clubs have requested a Moodle presence. It is now common place to hear Moodle mentioned in conversations.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony Borrow

Re: Moodle Chant

by Art Lader -
Anthony,

Hats off to you! You must be the real Moodlemeister! (But I am still not giving you my übercool screen name.)

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Anthony Borrow -
You have certainly earned the rights to übercoolness. I have been pleasantly surprised by the enthusiasm for Moodle. We thought the interest would fizzle but the momentum is still going strong. 

by Art Lader -
I think that says a lot about your students, your staff and you. smile

To what do you attribute this enthusiasm?

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Anthony Borrow -
Being a college preparatory, the students enjoy learning. I think they have found that it helps them to focus their time spent on the computer in ways that are beneficial to their learning. Moodle is such a wonderful tool to use because it has centralized where they go to get information. They have formed their own academic community and are expressing their gratitude. One student from our test run last year wrote back enthusiastically when on the first day of class at the university the instructor asked if anyone was familiar with Moodle. The irony was that as a senior he was not a big Moodle fan because only one class was using it. Now that everyone is using it the students have embraced it. For my birthday, a student had purchased a Moodle cap for me and asked that I wear it during class. They are having fun with this new tool and I have done what I can to fuel their enthusiasm. Peace.

by Art Lader -
Anthony,

Sounds like you all have a great team. And of course, you cannot have a top-notch team without a first rate coach. Shalom. wink

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Anthony Borrow -
I certainly feel most blessed and privileged to work with some excellent educators in a very positive environment. Peace.

by Heather P -
I know this is completely off your topic but I'm trying to put a clip like yours into the glossary and nothing seems to work. If I upload the file in the file section it somehow gets corrupted in the upload process. Can you give me a clue how you put your video clip itno the forum - is it linked to another site?
Thanks