Fatal error: .... dynalink.php

Fatal error: .... dynalink.php

by Chris Mawson -
Number of replies: 6

Hi.

Have just upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2 alpha with no upgrade errors, but after logging in there were numerous errors associated with mod/attendance and a couple of other mods. I noted in the bug-tracker that these mods are no longer included, so have fixed these errors by manually adding these directories, and assume this will be fixed in the final version of 1.2.

However I still have an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare glossary_dynamic_link() in /home/ictpd/public_html/moodle/mod/glossary/dynalink.php on line 9

which appears in the topic outline, so that only the first topic appears, the next shows the error. On refreshing the page, topic 2 is OK, but topic 3 then shows the error, and so it goes on.

Any ideas.

Thanks, Chris.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Mawson

Re: Fatal error: .... dynalink.php

by Williams Castillo -
Hi,

This is a temporal solution.

Look into your /moodle/lib/weblib.php the line that contains:
include($CFG->dirroot.'/'.$textfilter);

... and change it by:
include_once($CFG->dirroot.'/'.$textfilter);

Let us know if it helps.

Will
In reply to Williams Castillo

Re: Fatal error: .... dynalink.php

by Chris Mawson -

Sorry, just tried that, didn't seem to make any difference. The same error and problem also occurs with the site news on the main moodle page, ie. news topic 1 is OK, topic 2 shows the error message, etc

Thanks

In reply to Chris Mawson

Re: Fatal error: .... dynalink.php - fixed

by Chris Mawson -

Hi.

I have fixed this, or at least it isn't happening anymore, by deleting the setting "mod/glossary/dynalink.php" in the moodle area - administration/configuration/Variables - 'Text Filters'.

Hopefully this issue will be resolved with the final upgrade to v1.2

Cheers.

In reply to Chris Mawson

by Martin Koops -

I just uograded form 1.1 to 1.2 and still encounter the error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare glossary_dynamic_link() in /home/ictpd/public_html/moodle/mod/glossary/dynalink.php on line 9

Solution as  described here still works by the way wink

In reply to Martin Koops

by Jason Cole -
Same error in 1.2.1 as well. Workaround still works though
In reply to Jason Cole

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
1.2.1 doesn't even have a mod/glossary/dynalink.php so I'd suspect a mix of old and new code ...

If it's happening in mod/glossary/filter.php then I'm at a loss ... there is code at the top which explicitly checks for the function existing already ... perhaps function_exists() doesn't work on all systems?