Glossary and PostgreSQL (patch)

Glossary and PostgreSQL (patch)

by Ulrik Petersen -
Number of replies: 4
Hi,

I've patched the glossary module so it works with PostgreSQL. The baseline in the patch is the nightly CVS from 2004-02-21.

I'm not sure I knew what I was doing, especially not with the pivot thing. But I do know about the other changes.

The most fundamental thing was the use of "pivot" rather than "$pivot" in the SQL. PostgreSQL (understandably) barfed at this.

Then there was a problem with LIMIT syntax. Where MySQL uses

LIMIT $offset, $no_of_entries

PostgreSQL uses

LIMIT $no_of_entries OFFSET $offset

And then there was a small typo where someone (probably) had done a search-and-replace on "post" --> "entry", thereby getting an "entrygres7" in an IF condition.

Cheers,

Ulrik
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrik Petersen

Re: Glossary and PostgreSQL (patch)

by Williams Castillo -
Hi Ulrik,

I must be the one who made all that mess... Sorry. blush

And thanks for doing all the hard work.. I'll chek them out and made the necessary changes to the CVS.

Thanks!
Will
In reply to Ulrik Petersen

by Williams Castillo -
Changes done... Thanks again.

By the way.. The pivot thing is OK.. You should roll back your changes on that field... It is just an alias.. I should have call it Joker or something like that.

Thanks a lot again,

Will
EDIT: Oops... didn't know that the sintax for aliases on the select clause need to have a mandatory preceding AS in posgresql.. Would solve it ASAP.
Attachment joker.jpg
In reply to Williams Castillo

by Williams Castillo -
OK.. Changes have been made. Hopefully, they made this module full compatible with posgresql.

Thanks for pointing all those things out,

Will
In reply to Williams Castillo

by Ulrik Petersen -
I've downloaded the most recent CVS version. Works like a charm. Thank you.

Ulrik