problems for students editing a wiki page

problems for students editing a wiki page

by Andy Brookes -
Number of replies: 1
hi, we are running a 1.5 moodle installation. having set up a wiki with 'html only' option and given students a page to edit with some text already on this, when students from a different location click on edit they see the raw html (including all the tags) on that page rather than how the page should be displayed. they also don't have the 'editor' icons at the top of the editing window (font, size, bold, etc) which they should have. i believe this is a problem not with the wiki as it works fine for students in other locations, but with the computers the children are running at the problem location. i know they run windows 98 but nothing more, as we teach remotely and do not have access to the school in question.
anybody any suggestions for what might be causing this that we could ask the school to check and rectify?
thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Brookes

Re: problems for students editing a wiki page

by eukeni urgoiti -
I happened the same to me with some students who were also running Windows 98. The problem seems to be the browser, mine were running IE 5.0 and things got fixed when they updated to IE 6.0.