re-location of site config parameters in 1.7

re-location of site config parameters in 1.7

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 13
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In 1.7 the various site configuration parameters which used to be grouped under Administration / Configuration have now been scattered under various groupings. It would be nice to have a correspondence table showing location in pre 1.7 versions and location in 1.7.
For instance I do not know where the following has been re-located:
Filters
Cache Controls
    Text cache lifetime
    Filter uploaded files
    Filter match once per page
    Filter match once per text
    Filter all strings    

Thanks,
Joseph
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: re-location of site config parameters in 1.7

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Got it! Filters Cache controls have been moved under Administration / Appearance / Filter settings.
This is like playing at hide and seek.surprise
Joseph

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you were feeling helpful, you could start a table like the one you describe on moodledocs.

Of, if you were feeling clever, you might be able to generate one automatically with a perl script, and the brefore and after admin source code.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi Tim,
I guess it will be option A for me (being helpful), since I have no Perl scripting skills.
Joseph

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Don't worry, Option B is pretty much impossible because of the radical change in how they are defined. smile

We can move these menus around easily so if anyone has good ideas about improving the admin menu organisation we're interested!

Note that MDL-6687 will help!

by Joseph Rézeau -

Here we go... If Tim or Martin can suggest the right place in the MoodleDocs Wiki (or open a new page for me) I will upload it there so it can be amended, enriched, etc.

Joseph
moodle 1.6 Administration

Correspondence table for
moodle 1.7 Site Administration (block)

Configuration

Configuration

Variables

Interface

Language settings (lang... locale) Language Language settings
Moodle docs (docroot, doctonewwindow) Appearance Moodle Docs
timezone... country Location Location settings
framename Server HTTP
Themes (themelist... tabselectedtofront) Appearance Themes

Security

displayloginfailures... notifyloginthreshold Security Notifications
protectusernames Security Site policies
secureforms, loginhttps Security HTTP security
antivirus (runclamonupload... clamfailureonupload) Security Anti-Virus

Operating system

gdversion, zip, unzip, pathtodu Server System Paths
dbsessions... sessioncookiepath Server Session Handling
slasharguments... proxyport Server HTTP

Maintenance

Server Cleanup

Mail

Server Email

User

sitepolicy, fullnamedisplay, extendedusernamechars Security Site policies
autologinguests, hiddenuserfields Users Permissions User policies

Permissions

showsiteparticipantslist, teacherassignteachers, allowunenroll, allusersaresitestudents, deprecated
forcelogin, forceloginforprofiles, opentogoogle, maxbytes, messaging, etc. Security Site policies
defaultallowedmodules, restrictmodulesfor, defaultallowedmodules

Security Module security

Course requests

Courses Course request

requestedteachername, requestedteachersname, requestedstudentname, requestedstudentsname deprecated

Miscellaneous

maxeditingtime Security Site policies
debug

Server Debugging

enablerssfeeds Server RSS
mymoodleredirect

Appearance My Moodle

bloglevel Security Site policies

Statistics

Server Statistics

Site Settings

Appearance Front Page

Themes

Appearance Themes

Language

Language

Modules

Modules Activities

Blocks

Modules Blocks

Filters

Modules Filters

Backup

Courses Backups

Editor settings

Appearance HTML Editor

Calendar

Appearance Calendar

Maintenance mode

Server Maintenance mode

Users

Authentification

Users Authentication

Edit user accounts

Users Accounts

Add a new user Users Accounts Add a new user

Courses

Manage courses

Courses Add/edit courses

Enrolment Plugins Courses Enrolments
Enrol students ???
Assign teachers, Assign creators, Assign admins deprecated -> see ROLES

Miscellaneous

site files Server Site Files
Sticky blocks Miscellaneous Sticky blocks
Reports Reports
Environment Server Environment

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Joseph,

As mentioned in MoodleDocs: Guidelines for contributors, you're welcome to create a new page in Moodle Docs yourself by typing the name of the new page between double brackets New page name. Alternatively you could simply make up a URI containing the new page name e.g. http://docs.moodle.org/en/Administration_changes.

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi,

Helen created a page.  I need to perfect my wiki table building skills and will give it a shot.  I will try to use the content of Joseph's table.  Attempted to do a view source and then a copy-paste to MoodleDocs.  It is too hard to make changes (find things).  I will try to put in a table like we used in Activity Locking. 

I am trying to be helpful, take no responsibility for content, spelling and other errors I make in translation smile   Here is the link I am trying things on the talk page so the article page is blank until I or somebody gets it right.   http://docs.moodle.org/en/Talk:Administration_changes

In reply to Chris Collman

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi Chris,
You should have contacted me to find out whether I was willing to commit my table to the Wiki. Actually I did not use Helen's page but created a new one (see my previous post).
Maybe Helen could delete the Administration_changes page now in order to avoid duplication?
Joseph

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Oh, sorry for causing confusion. blush I've moved Chris's talk page to http://docs.moodle.org/en/Talk:Location_of_admin_settings_in_1.7 in case there is anything which should be transferred to http://docs.moodle.org/en/Location_of_admin_settings_in_1.7.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
That's OK, Helen. Just a case of "too may cooks...".wink
Joseph

by N Hansen -
Yes, I had a hard time finding the setting to use blocks on module pages. Finally found it under a not at all obvious or logical category.

Perhaps a show all settings options on one page like they were before would be a useful way to find them.