using Q&A type forum

using Q&A type forum

by preetam thakur -
Number of replies: 6
hi all
     i am using moodle for last 3 months. i couldn't  able to add a Q&A type forum. it is saying that there is no question in this forum. how can i add a new question to this type of forum? please help. wating for response. thanks

preetam
Average of ratings: -
In reply to preetam thakur

Re: using Q&A type forum

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Preetam,

You should see an "Add a new question" button. Please note that the Q and A forum type requires students to make an initial posting before being able to view and respond to others' postings.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Teresa Gibbison -
I've just looked at this in my 1.6 Moodle - it this the same as the standard forum but with different text on the 'Add...' button?

Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Matt Gibson -

I've just tried the Q&A forum and although I can add a new topic, none of my students can. Discussions and replies are allowed and I've tried all group settings. Any ideas?

Matt

In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Matt Gibson -
I get the same thing for 'Each person posts one discussion', but 'Standard forum for general use' works fine. is this a bug?
In reply to Matt Gibson

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Matt

I've been looking into this Forum Type too - I found this in the Moodle docs:

Q and A Forum - Instead of initiating discussions Teachers (only) pose a question in the initial post of a discussion. Students may reply with an answer, but they will not see the replies of other Students to the question in that discussion until they have themselves replied to the same discussion.

http://docs.moodle.org/en/mod/forum/mod#Forum_type

Looks like the students don't get a chance to ask a question, I like this forum type, the students see other's posts only AFTER posting their own thoughts...

T