New Functionalites: additional forumtype "metaforum" and enhanced linking between forums and resources

New Functionalites: additional forumtype "metaforum" and enhanced linking between forums and resources

by Stefanie Sieber -
Number of replies: 1
Hallo everybody,

as promised I implemented two new features for Moodle within the scope of my diploma thesis.

1. A new forumtype: Metaforum
A metaforum is now an additional forumtype. Metaforums offer a view on chosen forums of the same course and don't contain posts themselves. This forumtype should be helpfull to keep track of new posts etc. if a lot of forums exist in one course. Metaforums can be used to give a summarized overview of chosen forums.

2. Enhanced linking between forums and resources
Generally spoken this is a possibility to allocated discussions to resources of the same course. To admit this resources can now optionally be allocated to forums. If such allocations have been made, discussions in forums can be allocated to one of the resources allocated to the forum.
If an allocation has been made while viewing a resource a link to add a new discussion allocated to the resource viewed is displayed. If discussions have already been allocated a link to an overview of all allocated discussions is displayed too.

I would be glad about testers and comments on the new features. Of course I'd like to answer further questions too. Enclosed you find installation bundles and directions for Moodle 1.6.1 to install either one of the new functions or both new functions.

Greetings,
Stefanie Sieber
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefanie Sieber

Re: New Functionalites: additional forumtype "metaforum" and enhanced linking between forums and resources

by Stefanie Sieber -
Here are the installations bundles and descriptions for Moodle 1.5.3.