Inserting images into any source with editor fails - PLEASE help

Inserting images into any source with editor fails - PLEASE help

by Frank Claessen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

This problem I have since I have Moodle and I have never been able to solve it myself nor have I found an answer in the forums. Next week I have to give a workshop on Moodle here at Curacao and I start to feel a little nervous about it.

Here's the problem:

I fire up the editor, create a webpage, lesson, whatever - makes no differnce.

I click the icon to insert an image and end up in .... an empty list. although there are plenty of files available and they are even accessible through a direct link - try the one down here.

http://www.radulphuscollege.net/moodledata/26/mdl001.jpg

Moodledata exists next to the moodle folder under the IIS structure.

The security settings must be OK I guess, since I can access the image as a regular internet user.

I have been testing this under Apache with a XAMPP install on my local machine - same problem. I have tested it under Linux (Fedora Core 5) on my local machine- same problem.

What is it I am overlooking? I can't seem to find other people have the same problem.

Oh yes - funny thing is - the first time I fire up my browser I am most of the time lucky to see a list of pictures in the browserlist at inserting through the editor - the second and other times, the list remains empty ?!?!?

Please help me out!

Thanks in advance - Frank

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Claessen

Re: Inserting images into any source with editor fails - SOLVED!!

by Frank Claessen -
Hi ALL,

First of all - thanks for the private reactions I have received from several buddys out there. It has resulted in the solution to the problem.

The name of the problem is McAfee Privacy Service!!!

Just before working on webpages with pictures through the HTML editor disable this service and everything just works fine!!!

Second - several people have pointed out to me that the way I have setup moodledata was absolutely wrong. Also many thanks for that - I fixed it.

Bye for now

Frank