Forums, one place but not the other

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 2
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Forums, one place but not the other

by Michelle Moore -
I think this is the same problem someone presented to me the other day and I, too, attempted the solution you described with the same realization--that the unwanted forums don't appear in the category list.

So, instead I created a second category for all of the activities that actually count toward the grade and move all graded activities into that second category. Then, I went to the Set Weights tab of the gradebook and set the Uncategorized category to 0 weight and the second category to 100.

Hopefully that solution will work in this case too. smile
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Forums, one place but not the other

by Michael Penney -
Am I the only one who thinks the gradebook is a shade unstable?

This problem is actually due to the forum module's not following the Moodle API* for grades. I've asked Jeff to post a bug report on this issue in the bug tracker.

*There is an format for reporting grades and changes in grading status that modules are supposed to follow (the other graded modules do). Forum doesn't follow this format, which means it doesn't report to the gradebook that it is no longer being graded when ratings are turned off. When this is fixed in the forum module, it will work correctly with the gradebook.