tex-filterproblem

tex-filterproblem

от koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 14
Снимка на Core developers Снимка на Documentation writers Снимка на Moodle HQ Снимка на Particularly helpful Moodlers Снимка на Plugin developers Снимка на Translators

First of all, the filter worked fine

On tuesday, I updated the filter allong with implementing the mediafilter. Now, the old tex-images are shown verry well, but the new don't (red cross, path to a non-existing gif)

I have:

• upgraded from CVS with useraccount
  • checked the CMOD of the files in filter/tex and (777)
  • checked the CMOD of the folder moodledata/tex (777)
  • the filename of recently created gifs doesn't exist in moodledata/tex
  • the filters in the configurationscreen are separated with a , without spaces nor LF/CR
  • tried with the filter/tex/filter.php as only filter

What have I missed? Is something else changed wich is not in the filterfolder (detection of OS may be?)

In reply to koen roggemans

Re: tex-filterproblem

от Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -

Koen,

I am attaching a texfilter debugging script.  Put it in your moodle/filter/tex/ directory together with the filter script.  Then invoke it using the url:

http://yoursitename/moodle/filter/tex/texdebug.php

Zig

In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

от koen roggemans -
Снимка на Core developers Снимка на Documentation writers Снимка на Moodle HQ Снимка на Particularly helpful Moodlers Снимка на Plugin developers Снимка на Translators

Thank you for your quick reply. I get
"DB cache_filters entry for \Large f(x)=\Bigint_{-\infty}^x~e^{-t^2}dt not found"
everytime I try your script. If  I understand the working of the filter, then my guess is that this behaviour  should only occur the first time.

I can see my attempts to make a tex-formula in the database, so the database seems to function correctly, the pix.php also.

It's so odd, it must be something extremely stupid...blauw oog

First enter that expression in some forum posting on your site. After posting it, return to the debug script and try again. In any case, what happens when you click on the "Show Image" button?

от koen roggemans -

I mad a new entry.

"Show db-entry" gives

DB cache_filters entry for 1-1
id = 186
filter = tex
version = 1
md5key = ea66c06c1e1c05fa9f1aa39d98dc5bc1
rawtext = 1-1
timemodified = 1077200174

wich seems good to me.

When I hit "show image" i get

Image not found!

It looks like something is wrong with your mimetex.linux binary. Log into your server and try running it from a command line in a shell. Also make sure the web server has execute permissions on the file.

от koen roggemans -

Sorry for staying away so long. The proxyserver at work doesn't support SSH, so I couldn't test with cpanel's commandline tool

Trying with mimetex on commandline gives a good result, with mimetex.linux it gives "Segmentation fault (Core dump)

the comma's are ok.

I'll try the new debugtool

You have a bad mimetex.linux binary. The mimetex binary was from an earlier version of Moodle. What is the precise size of the mimetex.linux binary (precise to the last byte)? Could you have unzipped it in ascii mode instead of binary mode? You can download a fresh binary from moodle.org/download/mimetex/

от koen roggemans -

it's 340.287 bytes and some of your suggested possibilities make sense. Ascii/binary mode for unzipping on a windowssystem? I've never seen the difference, so that is possible.

THE NEW MIMETEX DID THE TRICK cool

Thanks a lot for all your effort. kusjes

I knew about the problem with late anonimous CVS, so I used my CVS-account to do the update. Shown to be not good enough.. triest 

We are verry happy with your tex-sollution, Zig. My collegue Hugo is Math-teacher (you already met him on this forum) and started to learn his students Tex already glimlach. You can see his students attempts on http://www.ritacollege.be/elo/mod/forum/view.php?id=927 (guests allowed). It's all in Dutch, but what's the difference, this is all in English knipoog.

You did unzip mimetex.linux in ascii mode. The binary mimetex.linux is supposed to be 338795 bytes in size. It has 1492 newline characters 0A. When you unzipped it in ascii mode, each 0A character was replaced by a pair of characters 0D 0A, thus adding 1492 extra characters giving a total of 338795+1492=340287 bytes.

от koen roggemans -

You beat me with that. As I can recall I downloaded it with wincvs, copied it to a different folder and then uploaded it with an ftp client.

I must say my ntfs disk is compressed. Who knows where along the road the thing went wrong ... But it's fixed. Thanks again.

от koen roggemans -

I was wrong about the database enterance working correctely: by coincedence I used a formula that someone else made before and was entered previously in the database.

I get the errormessage "DB cache_filters entry for 7+1 not found" everytime, except when I enter a texexpression I used before (while it was working correctely).

I'm going to tripplecheck everything again