Basic Questions

Basic Questions

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I am working on an online literature circle. Basically each week I will want the same forum called Role Responses, a journal called Questions, comments, & problems, and a chat scheduled for a specific time. I was wondering if there is a quick way to copy these forums and journals into each week without recreating them? This way I only have to set one week up and change the titles of each week to the chapters.

Also can I schedule the forum to open on a specific date in other words can I set everything up for the entire course and have Moodle open the new week for me or do I have to go in and make the week active? Do you understand what I am trying to do???

One more thing (for now) can I lock the site so students cant chat when I am not there to monitor?

Thanks!!!!

Karrie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Basic Questions

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Hi again,

Currently, there is no easy way to duplicate activities, but it may become possible one day (depending on Eloy's workload).

You can't schedule a forum to "open" automatically - you can hide the forum and reveal it when the time comes, but you'll have to do it manually sad

As for locking the chat, you can simply hide the chat instance in the course and reveal it only at scheduled chat-time.