Wow! Great Contribution.
I have never installed ActivityLocking before. I am just waiting for this one. I followed all the message in the forum. I downloaded a few previous versions without insallation.
This morning, I downloaded the v1.0 and immediately tried to install it.
The first time,
- nothing happened. No message saying "Score Lock installed" except the table set up correctly in the admin screen.
- in every course or section, no "Score Lock" tabs were seen.
- The *.scl seemed not working at all.
So, I retried again. This time,
- install the "block" ...ok
- replace the extensions "*.scl" of files by "*.txt" and do all the hacking manually for the following files:
- renaming the following files:
- course\editsection_settings.scl to editsection_settings.html
- course\mod_settings.scl to mod_settings.html
- course\scorelock.scl to scorelock.php
- course\scorelocks.scl to scorelocks.php
- lib\scorelocklib.scl to scorelocklib.php
- following the course\ScoreLockCSS.txt and add in some settings into either the styles_color.css or colors.css files in the Theme folders.
- files are missing in the download:
- lang\en_utf8\block_scorelock.php (this one not found)
- lang\en_utf8\scorelock.php (this one can be borrowed from the Lock of the ActivityLocking 2.4)
- The above files only appear in German within the moodledata\lang\de_utf8.
- The file block\scorelock\db\mysql.sql contains four paragraphs:
- the first two "create TABLE" is setup automatically in Admin.
- the third and fourth ones "alter TABLES" are not setup unless it is written that "done when installing the block".
- I followed the instructions and install the block in one course. Error message appear and even lock me out from the course. Only until I remove the scorelock block could I re-enter the course.
- So again, I try to run the above "third and fourth paragraph" (i.e. to "alter Table" , which is similar to what the ActivityLocking advise to do) and re-install the scorelock block.
- This time, everythings works except for one thing: "ScoreLock Block" is not working and shows only German.
- BTW, I would like to mention that I still keep all the *.scl files in the target folders in case they might work and might affect the "ScoreLock Block".
Now, I have some questions:
- I think I have just installed the ActivityLocking (instead of ScoreLock) with the title of "ScoreLock", haven't I?
- I supposed the *.scl files should be functional instead of manual hacking, shouldn't they?
- If it is so, would it make a difference when the *.scl files are mainly extracted and adapted from 1.60 or 1.61 moodles files but do not really match mine, which is the 1.6+ or 1.61+?
- Am I missing anything, where are the files in the lang\en_utf8 ?
- ScoreLock Block is supposed to function, how?
However, I can start working with the ScoreLock immediately. I tried on different mods, like Certificate, myjournals, ...etc. They seemed to be working and function great. Thanks!
I hope anyone might spare some time telling me if I did correct procedure above.
Besides, I wonder if anyone has suggested that the ScoreLock may include one more function: different marks locked to different activities.
For example, when the students only get 60% ~ 80% in one activity, A, they should start a series of two other remedial activities B & C. When they finished the two satisfactorily, they may try on the first activity (i.e. A) again. On the other hand, if some brighter students who achieve more than 80% in the first trial of A, they may further their course to activity D without going through B & C.
How can I configure the current ScoreLock to meet and monitor the above sequences?
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.