Problem with Breadcrumb Trail

Problem with Breadcrumb Trail

by Tim Redman -
Number of replies: 7
Since upgrading to moodle 1.6 the breadcrumb trail on the theme I'm using displays vertically and as a list aas opposed to horizontally. See screen shot below. Can anyone tell me how to get it to display horizintally like before?

themeprob

Thanks
Tim
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Redman

Re: Problem with Breadcrumb Trail

by Greg Lyon -
Well, Tim, I can at least confirm the same behaviour on 1.7.  It looks to me as if CR-Cornflower needs an upgrade...

Understanding themese better is on my to-do list so I'm having a look at it now.  I'll let you know what I figure out if noone else beats me to it.

OK, on further examination it appears that Cornflower hasn't been upgraded to 1.6 type of theme.  It uses the old Table based layout instead of the new CSS layout. 

I tried a quick (unsuccessful) hack but this will actually take a rewrite to fix it for 1.6 and beyond...
In reply to Greg Lyon

by Miroslav Fikar -
I have fixed cornflower theme with 2 actions:
  • replace in header.html the old part that still uses table layout with the div code from standard/header.html
  • overwrite styles_layout.css (from standard to cornflower)
HTH
In reply to Miroslav Fikar

by Sam Rudd -
Does anybody know what code in these files needs to be changed to get the horizontal breadcrumb...Because I have edited quite a few attributes in the css and in the header and don't want to loose these changes. I'd appreiciate any help offered big grin
In reply to Sam Rudd

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Sam
I found that two things help
1) inherit the standard styles sheets, particularly "styles_layout.css" as mentioned above, from the standard theme with
$THEME->standardsheets = array('styles_layout','styles_fonts','styles_color','styles_moz'); 
in config.php, and make sure that you have not deleted the standard theme. That way all the styles that you have not changed locally will be inherited, including the one to make the breadcrumbs horizontal. 
2) Make sure that your header is using recent breadcrumbs code. It has changed over the years. You can get recent code, refering to
the right style ids from the standard theme's header. It is annotated so it should be pretty obvious which bit it is.

Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Sam Rudd -

Sorry about the late reply...have been tied up at work lol.. I've been looking at what your saying and I'm not completely sure I understand what I am supposed to do? I'm a bit confused lol.. how do you inherit the standard style sheets and how do I keep my current styles? thoughtful any help apprietiated I'm pretty new to this smile

cheers

Sam x

In reply to Sam Rudd

by Timothy Takemoto -

In the file config.php in theme/yourtheme/
if you have this (as is common in the moodle distribution themes)
$THEME->standardsheets = array('styles_layout','styles_fonts','styles_color','styles_moz'); 
Then the style sheets of the theme called "standard" will be inherited. Make sure that you have the line above and you have not deleted the standard theme (there is a folder called standard in moodle/theme/), and you should be set.
Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Sam Rudd -

Thanks for your reply. I've tried this but it didn't work, not sure i did everything right. I wne tin to the cornflower config.php changed the line, saved it. then i checked I still had standard but it has not worked? have i missed something?

regards

Sam x