Deleting unwanted messages

Deleting unwanted messages

by Hans de Zwart -
Number of replies: 3
Is it possible to delete unwanted forum messages when they are already a thread? Even as an admin user I do not seem to be able to delete discussions that I do not like without having to delete the whole forum.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans de Zwart

Re: Deleting unwanted messages

by Mike Reese -
I found the same problem. I tried to set up a class and then play with it to make sure everything was working. I was able to delete my resources, but then couldn't delete them from the resources or topic outline, although they still showed. I could plan the class out better before hand, but I can foresee needing to change my mind and wanting to delete some files.
In reply to Mike Reese

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Actually, this is a very different thing to the forum messages.

But there should not be any problem deleting resources from the topic outline .. you turn editing on and hit the little "x". if the resource is an uploaded file then this action will not deleted the uploaded file itself (you need to do that in the Files section).
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, this needs some work. I have plans to add not only deletion of whole discussions/threads/topics, but also "moving" them to other forums.

In the meantime you can delete individual messages as admin or teacher. If you get warnings that "there are already replies" then delete the children posts first.