oh ok. thanks Martin. Do you know of any fixes for this? I'll check microsofts web site.
This is good to know. I think what I'll do next is, give the teachers the option to install OpenOffice. Then that should solve that problem. right?
Another question tho. I also recently noticed that those same files that were uploaded into moodle using the, zip folder with files in it and unzip in moodle method, could not be renamed. I recieved another error message... in moodle. That's the other reason I thought it was a zipping issue. And again, it was only an issue with the files that had been uploaded in a folder that was zipped and unzipped inside of moodle.
Anyway, I'll try and duplicate the issue again so I can post the exact error message. I really appreciate all your help Martin. Thanks.
I also thought you might like to know that after the first release of moodle into our district (November 2003), moodle has expanded unbelievably. We started with two schools using their own installation of moodle, we asked 6 teachers at each school to help with testing moodle until the end of the school year (until June 2004). Since then we now have almost 50 teachers using moodle with all of their courses. Each of them has asked to be part of moodle because they see how wonderful moodle is, how much their students love using moodle, and how beneficial it is to both themselves and their students. This has all been within 4 months.
There are now other schools in our district who have seen what we have done with moodle and want to get moodle working with their own schools. We have also been approached by other school districts, interested in learning more about moodle.
Anyway, just thought you'd like to know that. Thanks for everything Martin.