student enrollment

student enrollment

by David Edwards -
Number of replies: 4

I have just installed Moodle for the first time and I registered a new user to test the program. I received the mail to go and confirm as a registered user.

But now I what to add this test user to a course and when I log in as student1 and click on the course I get this .

THIS COURSE DOES NOT ALLOW PUBLIC ACCESS.

Could someone please help.

If you want go to www.edwmail.com where my moodle is located.

user: student1 pass: student1

Thank You

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Edwards

Re: student enrollment

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Make sure that the course is Enrollable (see the course Settings as admin or teacher of that course).

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by David Edwards -

I have done this and still can not enroll student.

But I just found out what it was that caused this problem.

It was the last option in the course. Is this a meta course.

If i said yes the student could not register as it was not open to the public access but if I change this to no then the student was asked if he/she wanted to register for this course.

I hope that is alls it did.!!

baltman

In reply to David Edwards

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, you can't enroll students in a meta-course directly. You enroll other (regular) courses, and then enrol the students in those courses. The meta-course 'inherits' all those students through the enrolled courses. Have a look at http://docs.moodle.org/en/Metacourses

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Alick Brown -
I have a set up (for a secondary school) where class teachers have individual courses, which are child courses of a general year course.
I want to have guest access (with a key) for each class and year course - the latter being a meta course. But this seems impossible for the meta course.
Is there an answer?

Many thanks
Alick Brown