Automatically Email Quiz Results?

Automatically Email Quiz Results?

by Kyle Claypool -
Number of replies: 12
Is there currently a way for quiz results to be emailed to the teachers of a course and the student who took the test?

Thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kyle Claypool

Re: Automatically Email Quiz Results?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No.

It's a perfectly sensible feature request, but it's quite a bit of work, and I don't know anyone who is planning to implement it.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by N Hansen -
Doesn't the assignment module do that and perhaps could the code be modified from what is there to achieve this?
In reply to N Hansen

by Dr S Bhatia -
I used to use a cgi script called 'quiztest' before switching to moodle. an excellent software, it had all the features like moodle quizzes (almost) and it had the power to e-mail the results.
you may try it out and customise to you requirement. if you want the script, tell me...i'll send u the url.....it's very simple and as is the case with cgi scripts, very flexible. but it doesn't have paypal plugin which is vital sometimes.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Just H -
Hi Tim

We've done some work on a similar concept as per here. As far as our testing goes it works in 1.6.1.

Done a bit more since then so the install is automated e.g. no need to mess around with code, and will be forwarding it to you early next week to see what you think re including it in the standard module.

Regards
Harry
In reply to Just H

by N Hansen -
You want to make sure it is really early next week because Martin is closing new features in 1.7 as of Sept. 18.

by Just H -
Hi Kyle

Something along those lines but not 100% meeting your requirements can be found here.

Perhaps you can have a look at it and let me know exactly what is missing, might be able to add to it.

regards
Harry

by Alex McCabe -

Hi Kyle,

Question Writer - Personal Edition will e-mail results at the end of a quiz - you could use it to create quizzes as SCORM activities, and get the e-mail that way,

http://www.questionwriter.com

Alex.

In reply to Alex McCabe

by Dr S Bhatia -
I suppose question writer isn't free, is it?
it's a shareware i suppose

if i am wrong, tell me where to download a fully functional version
Thanx
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
All details are available by following the link provided by Alex in his previous post. See also here:
Question Writer Personal Edition - Free For Personal Use

Personal Edition is a stripped down version of Quiz Edition. [...] The personal license means you can author non-commercial quizzes on a computer that you personally own.

Hope that helps,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dr S Bhatia -
That's exactly what I was trying to say

you can't create commercial quizzes while most of us use moodle for commercial purposes , isn't it?

Hot potatoes has the same issue now.
Earlier, I was exploring 'manhattan' and 'atutor' before moodle and manhattan had the same issue. It had a plug-in for hot potatoes which is no more free for commercial purpose

so while these options CAN create the desired output, you need to buy them.
(which I am very loathe to do wink
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

by Alex McCabe -

I think many people using Moodle are using it for academic rather than commercial purposes. If you're using a computer which you personally own to create quizzes with Question Writer - Personal Edition, then it's fine to use those quizzes in an academic context.

If you think the software is so good, you want to author quizzes on the school's computers, then you're using it on a more formal basis and I ask that you pay your fair share towards supporting the cost of development and maintainance of the software through licensing. If you didn't, then I'd be very poor and I'd have to eat lentils for dinner every night. And I hate lentils.

In reply to Alex McCabe

by Ali Hastie -

Has anyone implemented email quiz results to lecturers/teachers yet?

Thanks

Ali