Up and running but can you check site for me?

Up and running but can you check site for me?

by Allyson Roberts -
Number of replies: 6

I have finally been installed, my university hosting the site. It has been set up on Linux and all seesm to be well XXXX Thanks. Hurrah!

1. My hero who set it up was not sure how to enable the GD module. How can I find out if he has managed to enable this in the meantime? What is a good test?

There is little to see as yet but the URL is http://moodle.fcsh.unl.pt

1. He was also unsure about enabling the Zlib module to create and unpack zip files. What is a good test for me to check if this is a problem?

2. How can backup files be made and how often should this be done?

Many thanks Allyson

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allyson Roberts

Re: Up and running but can you check site for me?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
GD is running because you can upload custom user images in your profile and it works (I tried it).

To test zip you can go into the "Files" area, choose some file and try to zip it up by selecting "Zip" from the menu.

Daily backups are a reasonable thing.  Moodle 1.2 will automate this for you.  Otherwise just select "Backup" from the admin menu within a course.

To create a course select "Courses" from the admin menu on the home page and then "Add a new course".
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Allyson Roberts -

Martin

Saw you in there XX  smile  Thanks so much so far.

Allyson

by Art Lader -
Looks good. smile

Any chance we can get the enrollment key so we can check out the course?

-- Art Lader
In reply to Art Lader

by Allyson Roberts -

Art

Right at this moment I'm all over the place in terms of concept and design. I know what  I want from my  content design and planning towards learning outcomes. ............... . It's like getting through the right mirror.

I now have to get the learning spaces set up correctly, links etc

In the meantine I know that  the GD and Zlib have not  been enabled. Not sure how to help Carlos, my tech help. Can you ?

For sure check it out in its playing with stage. The enrolment key is EIV. Any suggestions welcome, but remember today it my first play day.

Allyson

by Allyson Roberts -

Art

Thanks to Martin, i now know GD is enabled, ( but the picture didn't quite look likeMartin :/) . I will be checking the zlib and backup.

The big challenge is to aim for constructivist course design. I'm running  this trial over 10 weeks as part My MEd. I feel very excited.

Best help is to visit other constructivley based learning sites.

Please visit and test me out. I need to find where the limits are.

Allyson