Course Format

Course Format

by Allyson Roberts -
Number of replies: 3

Hi
1. Trying to locate the "weekly format" layout with dates. Can't seem to find Course Format under admin settings. Have only found categories, news items adn courses as the 3 choices.

2. Want to set up resources and assignments etc under modules but how do I manipulate this under MODULES? I have got the edit button on?

3. Want to set up 5 different collaborative groups within the one course for the Forums. What do you suggest is the best approach? Setting up 5 different topic threads within Forum?

Thanks
Allyson
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allyson Roberts

Re: Course Format

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but it seems to me that you are trying to do these things on Moodle's homepage. You can't really apply the weekly format to the homepage. You should create a course first - during creation you will have an option to choose from topics/weekly/social formats.

Similarly, you do not set up resources and assignments on the Administration->Modules page, but inside a course.
In reply to Allyson Roberts

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
From your other message I see that you are indeed trying to do it on the homepage. The homepage in Moodle is a bit special in that it cannot be set to topics or weekly format.

To create a course, log in as admin and go to Administration -> Courses -> Add a New Course
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Allyson Roberts -

Przemyslaw

Thanks. Indeed I should not be working on the homepage but from within and beyond. OK. It's a matter of conceptualisation, ins't it? Seeing the real within the virtual. It  needs a few steps of Alice Walking through the Looking Glass. I have to understand the front door and then all the choices which lie beyond.

Thanks