Once and once only!

Once and once only!

Frank Ryan - келді
Number of replies: 4
Is it possible to autolink a glossary term once and once only? Preferably the first time it occurs in a text. It a bit annoying, not to mention unnecessary, to see the same word autolinked over and over again in the same resource.
In reply to Frank Ryan

Re: Once and once only!

Joseph Rézeau - келді
Core developers қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Plugin developers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті Translators қатысушының суреті

Moodle version 1.6:

Administration -> Configuration -> Filters

Filter match once per page          

Automatic linking filters will only generate a single link for the first matching text instance found on the complete page. All others are ignored.

Filter match once per text        

Automatic linking filters will only generate a single link for the first matching text instance found in each item of text (e.g., resource, block) on the page. All others are ignored. This setting is ignored if the one per page setting is yes.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Frank Ryan - келді
Thanks for your help Joseph I wasn't aware of that feature. I tried matching once per page and once per text both individually and together and curiously the problem was been solved for most of the resources but persists for some!. Now, and don't ask me why, all of the resources are autolinked once. Thanks again.
In reply to Frank Ryan

Tony Hursh - келді
Don't forget that changes may not take effect until after the text cache lifetime has expired. It's good to set that to "No" until you're sure everything is working right, then reset it to a more reasonable value afterward.