Glossary Auto Linking Not Working At All

Glossary Auto Linking Not Working At All

Psipherious Maxwell發表於
Number of replies: 3
Glossary auto linking doesn't seem to be working at all on my site, I added a global glossary to the main page, set it to global, set it to auto-link, ensured that each of the terms in the glossary are not set to case sensitive and that they are each set to auto-link.

Yet I don't see any of them linking anywhere, whether it be on the main page, in course descriptions, in forum posts, it just isn't working. I enabled filters for all files, I'm not sure what else to try, is there any administrative setting or something I have to edit in a config file somewhere that I may be missing?

I'm running 1.6.1+ - I originally installed 1.6.1 base install but after glossary didn't appear to be working, trying to figure it out for a good week or so, I upgrade to 1.6.1+ yesterday so I have the latest revisions up to Sept 5th and the database updated with no errors.
評比平均分數: -
In reply to Psipherious Maxwell

Re: Glossary Auto Linking Not Working At All

Psipherious Maxwell發表於
Unbelievibly, I think I finally figured it out!

It seems all I needed was to enable the filter for it under Admin > Configuration > Filters.

It seems there was a small eye that I had to open in order to actually enable that filter. Unfortunatly this doesn't seem to be described very well because the column that the ability to enable it under is called 'Hide/View', not 'Enable' or something that might make a bit more sense.

None of the documentation I read said anything about enabling it by opening that eye under the Hide/View column, it just said to go to that filters page and 'enable' it which I could find no option for anywhere until I tried that.

Ah well, I guess I'm an idiot for not trying that earlier but still, it's certainly not very clear that this is what you're supposed to do.
In reply to Psipherious Maxwell

Re: Glossary Auto Linking Not Working At All

Joseph Rézeau發表於
Core developers的相片 Particularly helpful Moodlers的相片 Plugin developers的相片 Testers的相片 Translators的相片

I quite agree that the Hide/View column would be more logically called Enable/Disable or Activate/De-activate. However, if you have clicked on the online help for Filters Administration, as I'm sure you have donewink, you have then read a very detailed and quite clear explanation as to how enable filters:

Filters Administration
The Filters administration page allows you to specify which filters are applied to displayed text and in what order. It also provides access to the settings page provided by some filters. Filters are applied to most user-text in moodle just before it is displayed. They permit 'last minute' modification of the text.
[...]
Select the filters you wish to use by 'unhiding' them, with the eye icon. If you have more that one unhidden you can change the order in which they are applied with the up and down arrows.

Joseph

附件 image00.jpg