Quantitative analysis module

Quantitative analysis module

by roy cabaniss -
Number of replies: 0
I wrote one (actually had the core of it written already). What it is to do is to generate a quasi-random financial statement (values random within certain ranges) and then test the students on some components of them, ratio analysis etc. Since the values are random, each student gets a different test hence the timeframe and sitting next to each other problems are alleviated.

Basically a variant of quiz with random number generation for its problems. Eventually it will expand to at least two types of problems (since that is what I teach) ratio analysis of financial statements and linear programming with the eventual goal of making a generic platform for this class of problems.

Problem:

1. Whilst I followed very very faithfully the instructions in the README.txt I keep getting a "Course Module is incorrect" error when trying to add an instance of the new module. (I know the actual output can be seen correctly since I had some instances already defined somehow so if we get to the bottom of the view.php page where my code is it works.

Roughly at line 26 on the view.php page. The first if statement after the else.

if (! $quant = get_record("quant", "id", $a)) {
error("Course module is now incorrect");

2. I use postgresql as my primary database. Table creation was no problem in my postgresql7.sql however I have not used mysql in over 4 years so I might be a tad rusty on my sql statements in mysql.sql.

3. Admin did indeed recognize that it had a new module available, however it keeps showing up in lower case (I KNOW for a fact I can fix this one since my first shot at this is sitting on my testbox proudly with its first letter capitalized on the admin page.

Maybe I deleted something crucial in the lang page?
Average of ratings: -