configuring php

configuring php

by Allyson Roberts -
Number of replies: 5

Stuck at the configuration of the php.

1. Have tried the following dbhost within the php:

http://localhost/moodle/admin

and get sent to intranet, which I´m not sure how to deal with as Intranet is not set up on my computer. (?)

http://telepac/moodle/admin (telepac is my local server) and get ªpage not displayed* i.e. not found.

2. Was given this message, which I applied and still no success in accessing server. I was using upper case as matching the location titles.

Try this: $CFG->dirroot = 'c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle';

Can you help?
Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allyson Roberts

Re: configuring php

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

Hi Allyson

1. Your dbhost is 'mysql'
Look for the text after the // in the same line

2. Go to the line 81 and type the text between the 'c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle';

3. Have you added a ordner for data e.g. c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodledata?
Add then in line 97 of config.php this information.

Allyson, the most of your questions are answered at the install documentation and in the config.php text.

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Allyson Roberts -

Ralf

Thanks. I have NOW checked with my server and it does  not support  PHP. I have to  set this up under a business domain. So, I should have  have started right at the beginning with the requirements as stipulated!!

However, if I had done that, I wold not have got as far as I have, even if wasted time. I have learnt on the way. Positive thinking, persistence and people help keep mixedme going.

S0, I'm going to stop here with my own attempts  at home on Windows 98 with a non functioning server and continue with the next part of the story. I will still keep all downloads on Windows for future use.

I am running in Linux, hosted by my University. I'll post other questions under other subjects.

Thanks so much for your help so far.

Allyson

In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Allyson Roberts -

Ralf

You said "Your dbhost is 'mysql'" Is this not the db type?