Language import utility broken - page does not display correctly

Language import utility broken - page does not display correctly

by Christian Thun -
Number of replies: 6
Hi,

I just installed Moodle 1.61 on a 1&1 vserver running Suse 9.3, MySQL 4.20 and am trying to installa new language.
The "Language import utility" opens languages.md5 and displays part of the content in a confusing way (screenshot attached)

the file is an xml file. There are no languages defined inside.
Don't know what this means.
Can anyone help?
Attachment Bild1.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Thun

Re: Language import utility broken - page does not display correctly

by Carlos Vargas -
I couldn't verify that this same thing happened to me after I edited a few strings in my en_us_ut8_local. However, today when I found the problem, the  en_us_utf8 was gone without a way of getting it back because the import utility doesn't respond. So I tried changing the site language to es_utf8 to see what happened, and then es_utf8 completely disappeared.

Now, I have only en_utf8 and can not import anything. The screen that you see, Christian, is exactly what I see. My 1.6.1+ worked fine for several weeks, though. I don't think that in my case it was an installation problem.

by Eric Eberhardt -
I've had this problem too. Have you found the fix for it?
In reply to Eric Eberhardt

by Carlos Vargas -
No, nothing yet. I did a complete reinstall with the latest 1.6.1+ as I do twice a month, and the problem is still there. It might be time to post this as an issue on the bug tracker. 

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It was my fault, I was fixing up the download pages last night and added a redirect to the language information page, forgetting that it would also redirect downloads.  Fixed now!
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Carlos Vargas -
Whew! Thanks, Martin I was so worried.