Windows server: Windows XP Server for @ 50 Users

Windows server: Windows XP Server for @ 50 Users

by T.C. Chappelear -
Number of replies: 2
I am installing moodle on a pc using windows xp as the os.  The purpose of our installation is to create an Internet Mediated Community of Practice for the teachers in my county (k12).  I have done 2 installations on my local desktop and laptop.  I used the complete install package for both and they both went flawlessly.  We have secured a proprietary ip address so that our users will be able to access moodle from outside our network.  The pc is in and I am just waiting on a tech guy to come out and help me install.  My only concern now is that I am worried about security issues using XAMPP.  Does anybody have any insight or steps that I would need to take to make our install more secure.  I don't think the users that we will have will be trying to hack onto the server and the information that we will have there will not be sensitive (i.e. grades...) but I am looking to the future a bit and think that some teachers in our county may want to use Moodle with students.  Anyone with any thoughts on this situation?
Average of ratings: -