kubrick gets stuck

kubrick gets stuck

by Bob West -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I've almost finished my site with the kubrick theme. It works perfectly for a little while. But after a minute -or so- inactivity, and I want to go to a different page, the whole theme is not responding at all!

The styles.php looks like this now:

<?PHP /*  $Id: styles.php,v 1.63 2005/04/24 04:10:01 moodler Exp $ */

/// Every theme should contain a copy of this script.  It lets us
/// set up variables and so on before we include the raw CSS files.
/// The output of this script should be a completely standard CSS file.
/// THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO MODIFY THIS FILE!!  USE CONFIG.PHP INSTEAD.

$lifetime  = 600;                                   // Seconds to cache this stylesheet
 $nomoodlecookie = true;                             // Cookies prevent caching, so don't use them
 require_once("../../config.php");                   // Load up the Moodle libraries
    $themename = basename(dirname(__FILE__));           // Name of the folder we are in
    $forceconfig = optional_param('forceconfig', '', PARAM_FILE);   // Get config from this theme
 $lang        = optional_param('lang', '', PARAM_FILE);          // Look for styles in this language
style_sheet_setup(filemtime('styles.php'), $lifetime, $themename, $forceconfig, $lang);

?>

When I delete the temporary internet files and refresh the page, it works perfectly again!
I've already contacted my provider and they say it is not the server.
I'm running moodle 1.5.4+

So is there a solution for my problem? I hope so!

greets,

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob West

Re: kubrick gets stuck

by David Scotson -
Was there not a similar problem previously where one of the cache settings was set very low? I think that was a differnt theme but it might be the same cause.

A link to your site (assuming it is publicly available) is always helpful in tracking down problems.

Try hitting the styles.php in your browser directly. If it times out or otherwise fails then that gives you a place to start looking.
In reply to David Scotson

by Bob West -

Yes a similar problem has showed up a couple of months ago.
But I have now 1.5.4+ instead of 1.5.3+ and I've changed my server provider, but it keeps showing up.

Beside that, the cache setting is now on 600 seconds (10 minutes) and after 1 minute, I face the problem.

the site is www.mediclass.eu
The styles.php:  http://www.mediclass.eu/theme/k2/styles.php

greets

In reply to Bob West

by David Scotson -

The front page of your site looks odd to me (using Firefox on Ubuntu) because of a > in some javascript, this line here:

if (sctr>number_of_sponsors-1){

I'm not sure if that's related though. Just loading anything seems to be taking a very long time. I'm assuming that you've switched to a standard theme and that solves the problem?

by David Scotson -

I seem to get a Internal Service Error 500 on trying to access the styles.php.

Do your server logs give any more information?

by Bob West -

For those who still want to know;

You must also set the cache time of styles.php in the standard theme and in a file called javascript-mod.php

Now it is working perfectly!

cheers