How to remove teachers name from offline assignment marks

How to remove teachers name from offline assignment marks

by Enosha Hettiarachchi -
Number of replies: 2
After getting help from moodle forums, to enter offline examination marks, i used assignment module and type was selected as offline.
but it displays the teachers name for evey student, pl let me know how can i remove that,
Thank you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Enosha Hettiarachchi

'visible groups' provides a bypass

by Itamar Tzadok -

You can force 'visible groups' in the course's settings and create 'students group' for the students. 'All participants' will show all people in the course including the teachers but when you select the 'students group' you will see only the students. This is just a bypass, though. There might be a better way to do that but I don't know it yet. 

In reply to Enosha Hettiarachchi

Re: How to remove teachers name from offline assignment marks

by Thomas Robb -
One way would be to create a new user called "Course Administration" and make that a teacher of the course.  When entering the grades, log in with that user name.
You say that you don't want your name to show on the grades input in the assignment module.

For those that are already entered, you might have to go into the database and alter the userid of those that you have already given a grade.  If you know how to use phpMyAdmin this is not difficult.  Go to the correct table, mdl_assignment_submissions and enter this command:

update 'mdl_assignment_submissions' set teacher = <newid> where teacher = <oldid>

Here <oldid> is your own userid and <newid> is the Course Administration id (entered without the <> marks).  This will change all of the ids that currently have your number regardless of the assignment.  I assume that his is okay.  You can add one more phrase to the WHERE clause to stipulate the assignment number if needed.