Whose going to ALT-C 2006? (UK)

Whose going to ALT-C 2006? (UK)

by Roger Emery -
Number of replies: 7
Just wondered!
I'm there as a delegate so come and say hello!

http://www.alt.ac.uk/altc2006/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Emery

Re: Whose going to ALT-C 2006? (UK)

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Roger,

I'll be there as an exhibitor on the HowToMoodle stand (Stand 11).
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Frances Bell -
Reporting back from ALT-C 2006 that finished today.  Ray was there in fine form, but reported a quiet time, probably because of the location of the exhibitors.  I have to say that whenever I passed his stand looked considerably busier than Blackboard's - who wanted to be seen there?  There was a lot going on at ALT-C - lots of talk about blogs, podcasting, WIKIS and Web 2.0 in general.  There is a list of blogs of ALT-C if you are interested.  Here is the ALT site with their confabs with Blackboard and Desire2Learn.
In reply to Frances Bell

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Frances,

It was good to meet you at ALT-C 2006 in Edinburgh. smile Yes, the exhibition area was quieter than last year but the ALT-C organisers are very responsive and from my brief discussions on this topic I understand they have this in hand for ALT-C 2007.

It was good to meet so many existing clients, people we met at ALT-C 2005 and others who specifically sought us out owing to recommendations from other Moodlers. And a couple of days or so talking about Moodle is hardly a chore for me (as my wife - and others - can testify).smile
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Roger Emery -

I must have been unlucky then Ray as when I wandered over your way you were entertaining a small crowd (ok maybe 3 people) who looked very interested.

For me the 'next big thing' that a lot of people were talking about was Personal Learning Environments (as opposed to course silo based VLEs) and interestingly the physical learning space - how now that we have got the technology to offer WEB2.0 type functionality and a social-constructivist on-line experience that we should now be looking at how we can replicate that in the physical learning spaces. There were many many other themes and I'm only just un-knitting my pages of notes into something I can disseminate...

In reply to Roger Emery

by Dave Shearan -

Hello all,

I am also going as a delegate and will definitely be visiting the HowToMoodle stand.

In reply to Dave Shearan

by Roger Emery -
Well I'll see you all there.

....hopefully with slightly better use of English (whose??!!blush)