default enrolment plugins

default enrolment plugins

by Paolo Oprandi -
Number of replies: 6
We use the IME enrolment plugin to handle enrolments. This is our default enrolment mechanism, but I can't select default in the enrolment plugin administration page. Nor can I select imsenrolment in the enrolmet plugin setting on the course settings page even with ims enrolment selected. Can anyone explain this?

Thanks,
Paolo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paolo Oprandi

Re: default enrolment plugins

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
IMS Enrolment is not an **interactive** enrolment plugin, so you can't select it as the default interactive plugin smile

The plugins you can choose from both the enrolment plugin administration page (to make it the default) and the course settings page (to choose the one you like for that particular course) are just those that are able to process interactive enrolments.

This is, if the course is set to enrollable and a user tries to enter the course where s/he is not enrolled, s/he is asked (interactively) to do perform some tasks before s/he is enrolled in the course (like clicking on a 'Yes' button, or paying some money in Paypal, or something like that).

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Crafton Williams -
It will be quite tedious to make this change on a course by course basis for those of us who do not want any form of **interactive** enrolment. Is there a workaround for this?

Crafton
In reply to Crafton Williams

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The quickest way to do it is by updating your database to set all courses as non-enrollable:

UPDATE mdl_course SET enrollable = 0;

and modifying .../moodle/course/edit.html, the lines that read:

if (!isset($form->enrollable)) {
    $form->enrollable = 1;
}

to:

if (!isset($form->enrollable)) {
    $form->enrollable = 0;
}

You just need to make sure you apply this change to future upgrades of Moodle.

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Crafton Williams

by Paolo Oprandi -
Yes, or we have developed a plugin that will set course setting defaults by category. You can read more about it if you search for my post on the general developer forum. The latest version I posted has bugs in, but let me know if you interested.

Iñaki, on a separate but related point, do I need to set up a separate cron job to process the IMS-E enrolments?

Saludos, Paolo
In reply to Paolo Oprandi

by Iñaki Arenaza -
I don't use IMS-E enrolment, so I don't really know. I'll have a look at the code... Ok. I've had a look at it, and the IMS-E enrolment plugin already has a cron() function that is called from Moodles cronjob. So I don't think you need to set up a separate cronjob.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Paolo Oprandi -
Thanks Iñaki... Yes, I had a look too (and a try) and it is, indeed, triggered by the cron.php. It just wasn't being triggered because the xml file it was looking at hadn't been updated since the last time I had manually run it.
I may have more news tomorrow.
Ciao, Paolo