Memory limit

Memory limit

by Jiri Zajic -
Number of replies: 3
Look at my problem on shared server: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 184320 bytes) in /web/htdocs/qescz/www/lib/soap/nusoap.php on line 5346
The problem is new and has occured suddenly without adding any mass data.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jiri Zajic

Re: Memory limit

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should ask your provider to raise the max_memory_size parameter for you. 16 MB is the absolute minimum, 32 MB would be ideal.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Jiri Zajic -
After some negotiations, my provider provided me with all necessary - safe mode off, launch of binaries, max_memory_size 16 MB. Could you advice me what to avoid (which modules or blocks or so or what to configure), not to encounter limit again (32MB???). Current status is very satisfactory for me, as the monthly fee is some $8, what is very positive for testing and early operation. I am aware that in massive operation will be necessary to reinforce resources. Thanks for your advices... Moodle seems to be nice and challenging system, even for our computer knowledge smile))
Best rgrds
Jiri
In reply to Jiri Zajic

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There is no golden rule, as it depends a lot on the type of usage. But as a rule of thumb, don't enable too much filter plugins and don't run chat.

Saludos. Iñaki.