Internalmail help on 1.6...?

Internalmail help on 1.6...?

by John Patten -
Number of replies: 0

Hello All!

I came across the InternalMail block/mod and tested it out on Moodle 1.5 last night. Everything seemed to work fine for me except for a couple titles in some of the blocks (coursenotify and courese). I've seen this before with adding blocks to 1.6 and it's usually related to not putting the "Lang" files in the correct "Lang" folder. It wasn't a killer problem, I could always hide the blocks for now and Internalmail worked fine from what I could tell.

This morning I tried to install InternalMail on Moodle 1.6, different server. The databases were all created fine. However, when I went to go configure InternalMail, now the official name of the block is missing (InternalMail) and it is replaced with blockname and the course notify block is listed courses_notify.  Also, when I go to configure the module on the main Moodle course page, it reports back that "Course module is incorrect."

In an actual course on the server, the InternalMail activity is titled, [[modulenameplural] and after clicking on the the link Moodle reports back that "A required parameter was missing."

From what I can see when I installed it on Moodle 1.5.2 last night, InternalMail is an awsome activity to provide email to students in a controlled setting such as Moodle. I'd love to have this working in 1.6!

Anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this?

Thank you!

P.S. I also noticed that attempting to open "Help" files on this moduel will report back, "Help file "mods.html" could not be found!"  So it appears the paths to things have changed in 1.6, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Average of ratings: -