Assignment Storage Path

Assignment Storage Path

by Brittany Houser -
Number of replies: 2
Is there a way to specify where a student's work is being saved on the server?  Our moodle server is going to have many classes and I do not want the teachers to have to search for their student's assignments (which is now being saved to moddata>assignment and then a whole bunch of numbered folders).  I would prefer that each course get's its own folder and the assignments get saved in that.  Thanks for your help
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brittany Houser

Re: Assignment Storage Path

by Philip Norton -
Hi Brittany,

If the teachers access these assignments while Grading in Moodle, the location of these files is irrelevant -- Moodle knows where they are.

An idea for an enthusiastic developer, however -- possibly, you will agree -- is a way to download all the submissions for an assignment at once, perhaps in a ZIP file? A specimen grading sheet for grades and comments that could be uploaded once grading is complete and which would update all the pupils grades? Sigh... I fear I am being too optimistic here!!

Sincerely,

Philip
In reply to Philip Norton

Re: Assignment Storage Path

by Philip Norton -
On further inspection, it is possible to download all the submissions of an assignment as a ZIP, but this is only possible if you know the assignment's ID and if you know the pupils' unique IDs -- important for uploading grades for assignments.

Downloading a folder as a ZIP is possible from the "Files" link in your course.

Philip