There was a Spanisch group (?) working on a module about learning style.
We did puzzle a long time on the Quizz module to do that too, because Quizz could profit from that very much too.. But it was too complex, and then Quizs started to roll also, so we are now working on a stand-alone diagnostix module:
- using a simple scheme, you feed your questions in categories to the module (we choose this option so you can insert your own test if you are the legal user of that test set.)
- it will score the answers in categories
- it will show the scoring on the screen and you can take a closer look at the subscores of each category: our teachers love this in comparison with the old pencil&paper version of the same test. (in this example you see a test with 10 categories and 8 questions in each category,scoring 1,2 or 3 -- sorry in Dutch--.
Category 2 gets a score of 21 out of 24 and if you click on that score, you get the scoring on the questions of that category on the right.
- you can decide if students can see the results also or not
- you can allow more attemptsor not
- you can choose the number of questins on each page
- it will normalise the scores (stanines in this case)
- you can make an excel-dump of the overall score
- IT IS COMPLETE INDEPENDENT OF QUIZZ, just testing with a standalone set.
- the first draft will soon be available for 1.6 (and maybe 1.5?)
Wish-list: extend the evalution-mechanism with other schemes and some visualisations, so who wishes to volunteer? (we leave it as it is now for a while)
if you have free tests, I would like to have a copy