New HTML Editor? (Flash & parameters)

New HTML Editor? (Flash & parameters)

by Erling Jensen -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all!

I am fairly new at Moodle, working currently on moving an E-learning system from a CMS to LMS (Moodle). Looking at my options and what I need to modify to make things work out nicely, I have come to learn some limitations in the Glossary module with respect to Flash. Reading up on the issue I finally came over this bug report: bug#4540

It mentions a new HTML editor. I wonder when this new editor will come (the post was made in january), i.e. estimated time and version? I take it this new version will better support inserting a Flash movie, since right now it seems more like an "accident" than a feature that you are able to insert a Flash movie in a post (using an empty link). I am in particular interested in inserting Flash movies into Glossary posts (or forum posts), using varying sizes. It would also be nice to be able to send variables to the Flash movie.

Another wanted feature would be support for the same parameter system that you find in the resource module. (I don't know if this can be implemented on an editor level or not). In particular the resource module supports passing of an encryption code to the resource. Not being able to do this from a Glossary (HTML) item leads to a lack of reusability (or limitted security).

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -