Strange problem with LDAP enrollment and Course availability

Strange problem with LDAP enrollment and Course availability

by Jon Breitenbucher -
Number of replies: 10
We have LDAP authentication and LDAP enrollments working with eDirectory except for a few things.

If an instructor makes their course unavailable to students then they loose the ability to get into the course. Courses are set to be unenrollable and have a key so when the instructor comes back after changing availabilty they see a message saying the course is not enrollable at the moment and can't get in to fix the problem. The admin has to come in and change the availabilty setting before the instructor can get into the course. This problem does not happen with manually created courses.

Also the LDAP enrollment is not obeying the duration settings from the template course. Is there a way to correct this? And what about the newly created courses having the same active bloks as the template course? Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Breitenbucher

Re: Strange problem with LDAP enrollment and Course availability

by A. H. -
I wonder why there is still no answer to this post and i think it is a serious problem.

I am facing the same problem...Upgraded to 1.6.1 and now none of the teachers can access their courses if they are added via LDAP. Teachers added manually on moodle can access the course. You have to set the option to Enrollable so the teacher can access the course, but then any student can enroll to the course.

Goal: I want to disable manual ernollment. I wonder why was it made that we must choose one of the three default options.

Now that the semester is continuing, I am getting many calls concerning this and i dont know what to say!

thank you for the help in advance
amer
In reply to A. H.

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What exact version of Moodle do you have? Please, paste the contents of you .../moodle/version.php file here. There was a bug in the LDAP enrolment that was fixed less than a month ago that might have to do with this.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Mostafa Itani -

HI Inaki,

Exactly, I think my problem is with ldap enrollment. Kindly find attached my PHP version. Can you kindly redirect me to steps/ code edittings, I need to go through to solve this problem?

"

<?php

// MOODLE 1.6 VERSION INFORMATION

// This file defines the current version of the core Moodle code being used.

// This is compared against the values stored in the database to determine

// whether upgrades should be performed (see lib/db/*.php)

$version = 2006050510; // YYYYMMDD = date of the 1.6 branch (don't change)

// X = release number 1.6.[0,1,2,3...]

// Y = micro-increments between releases

$release = '1.6.1'; // Human-friendly version name

?>

"

Regrads,

Mostafa

In reply to Mostafa Itani

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The version you are using was released 3 days before the fix was commited to 1.6.1+, so you are missing the fix.

You can either patch your version with the fix, or upgrade to 1.6.1+. If you go the patch route, you can get the patch from here:

http://moodle.org/bugs/attachment.php?attachid=820

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Jon Breitenbucher

by Dalia Baziuke -

The same thing happens with manual registration. Courses have settings Enrollment: Yes. But no student can enroll in to them. When trying the message "course is currently unenrollable" is displayed.

What could be reason of this?

In reply to Dalia Baziuke

by Iñaki Arenaza -
What value does the course have in the Enrolment Plugins setting? And do you have an enrollment key setup for that course?

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Dalia Baziuke -
Enrolment Plugins: Site Default (Internal Enrolment)
What do you mean by enrollment key setup? The Enrollment Key field in the course settings is set to some phrase.

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Could you please paste the *exact* error message the students get when they try to enter one of those courses? (and the version of Moodle you are using as well). "course is currently unenrollable" doesn't appear anywhere in Moodle 1.6.1+ smile

Saludos. Iñaki.

by Dalia Baziuke -

version = 2006050512;  release = '1.6.1+'

The message is 'This course is not enrollable at the moment.'

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Humm, this message only gets printed when the course is not enrollable, or is enrollable in a certain date range. If none of these options qualifies to your courses, then something is going wrong in your Moodle installation or Moodle database.

Saludos. Iñaki.