cannot log in as admin & turn editing on -sometimes

cannot log in as admin & turn editing on -sometimes

by louis jordan Mr -
Number of replies: 0
Has anyone come up with a fix for when you are logged in as admin for like 20 minutes & then you try to change something and you are auto-logged out, and then if you log back in as admin it lets you in, but once back in, if you click (turn editing on), you are logged back out again.  Then after that you can no longer log back in as admin.  I've repeatedly set up moodle only to find the same situation mentioned above.  Anyone experiance the same thing?  The "solutions" below do not help.  Tried them.  Did not help.

What did help was, while logged in as admin, I created a new user account and gave him admin privledges.  Then when I was autologged out and could not log in as admin, I logged in with the other admin account and logged out, & then I could log in as admin and make proper changes.  Sound familiar to anyone?
I can't log in - I just stay stuck on the login screen.
by Martin Dougiamas  (Last edited: Saturday, 22 November 2003, 12:48 AM)

The most common cause for this is that your own computer (not your Moodle server) has a firewall that is stripping referrer information from the browser. Here are some instructions for fixing Norton firewall products.

The server admin can also fix this for everyone by editing the Moodle configuration page and changing the variable "secureforms" to "No".

Another possible cause of this problem is that sessions are not configured properly on the server. You can test this by calling the script http://yourserver/moodle/lib/session-test.php.

Average of ratings: -