decimal grades

decimal grades

by Bob West -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Sorry for double posting, but I cannot delete the other question in the general forum. But a moderator can delete it!
I think the question is at a better place here.

I have made a quiz with 20 questions which works perfectly!
The maximum grade that students can get is a 10.
So the grade per question should be 0.5 of 0,5 .

When I give this individual grades to the questions and save the grades, it seem to be ok. Moodle is showing the total grade of 10.

When I test the quiz then, no grade is given.

I go to the grade per question overview and all the decimal 0.5 grades are diappeard.

what can be the cause of this problem and is it possible this way anyway?
I really do hope someone can help me.

have a nice weekend!

greets

In reply to Bob West

Re: decimal grades

by Michael Penney -
Hi Bob, the gradebook gets it's grades from the individual modules. So you should probably ask this question in the quiz forum for best resultswink.

It helps if you include your Moodle version when asking, also.
In reply to Bob West

Re: decimal grades

by Wen Hao Chuang -
As far as I know the QUIZ does NOT accept decimal grades, period. I have tested this on the most recent 1.5.4+ and 1.6.2+ codes, and still behave the same. It is not clearly stated so in the Help button of maxgrade (maxgrade.html).

We fixed this by detecting whether the instructor put in a decimal number in the grade (of quiz), and send out a error message. Attached please find the temporarily solution that we implemented. However, for now, it will NOT detect / give out a warning message when you put in something like (3,3), (3..3), (3;3), which I'm hoping that someone in the moodle community could help get this fixed...

You could do a diff of the attached code with the current editlib.php to see the differences, or just search "change" for the changes that we made. Thanks!