Installing Moodle 1.6 to ipowerweb. A little assistance please.

Installing Moodle 1.6 to ipowerweb. A little assistance please.

by Xavier Johnson -
Number of replies: 8

Ok,

I am installing moodle to my site. I am using ipowerweb for the host. I am a little lost as it relates to the install onto the server. I am creating a sub domain for the moodle site, in addition I have created a sub directory. Now I can install moodle fine on my local pc, but for some reason I can't seem to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for all comments and suggestions.

Praying for your success,

Xavier Johnson

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Xavier Johnson

Re: Installing Moodle 1.6 to ipowerweb. A little assistance please.

by Art Lader -

Hi, Xavier,

What is going wrong? Is the problem related to the location of your site?

-- Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Xavier Johnson -

Well nothing has gone wrong yet.

Since the moodle site will be a sub domain i.e. class.mmirc.org how do I set it up. Should I set the site upp on my own computer then upload it or what?

by Timothy Takemoto -

Normally there is no need to set up the site on your own computer before setting up on your sever. (Thought it helps to have a replica on your computer so that you can build stuff faster). The fact that your site will be on a sub-domain does not (as far as I am aware) affect the set up procedure. You just have to get the URL and file path to the site correct.   

However, as far as I am aware, at least in the case of my ipowerweb account, ipowerweb does not provide a chron, and a chron is needed to run moodle.

Tim

In reply to Art Lader

by Xavier Johnson -

I unzipped moodle 1.5 on my local machine then uploaded the entire moodle file to my sub domain which is class.mmirc.org

So then I went to class.mmirc.org/moodle/install.php to begin the install and this is the message I received.

Warning: main(./lib/moodlelib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mmircorg/public_html/class/moodle/install.php on line 76

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './lib/moodlelib.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/mmircorg/public_html/class/moodle/install.php on line 76

by Scott Elliott -
Xavier,

Sounds like you're getting close to going live with your courses! 

Sounds like your upload from your local machine to the server isn't working quite right.  You really shouldn't have to do it this way.  I would skip my local machine totally and download moodle right to your server.

BTW, I have a little time if you want some help.

Scott
In reply to Scott Elliott

by Xavier Johnson -
Yes Scott I'm moving closer. I have succeeded to get the install started. i am stuck at the data directory screen. I can't seem to create a data directory that the program will accept. any suggestions?

by Xavier Johnson -

Problem Solved!

Erased and reinstalled.

Xavier

by Patrick Dierschke -

What do you mean by erased and reinstalled?

I am having the same trouble with the data directory...