Teamwork in Moodle?

Teamwork in Moodle?

by Bengt Bengtson Stefanoiu -
Number of replies: 4

Anyone with some good ideas about a suitable module or activity for genuine teamwork in Moodle, if it’s possible at all?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

It must be possible for a student to change the content or add information in a text that is created by another member of the team. (With the risk taken that 2 students work with the same page at the same time. The winner is the one who hits Save first! wink )

I have declined the Wiki and Workshop modules already, so what I’m looking for are some other solutions.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bengt Bengtson Stefanoiu

Re: Teamwork in Moodle?

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Bengt,

the main tool for this concept is the wiki.

An other option ist to gie the students teacher accesss to the course.

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hi Bengt,

I agree with Ralf that the wiki module is the first that comes to mind. If you do not wish to use it, you could look into the Netpublish module. It is a contrib module that allows users to create articles in an on-line document. The uses can decided themselves who has reading and editing rights to their article. The teacher grades and can publish an article (when it is deemed ready) to all users, or even to outside (non-moodle) users.

Netpublish works fine in Moodle 1.5.x and also seems to work (with a few minor issues) in 1.6.

See http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=412

Instructions http://moodle.tokem.fi/mod/book/view.php?id=5116&chapterid=2751

Rgrds,
Paul.

In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Svar: Re: Teamwork in Moodle?

by Bengt Bengtson Stefanoiu -

Thanks Paul!
I'm going to check Netpublish.

Meanwhile I've downloaded dfwiki, and it works better than the "old" wiki for my purposes. When I wrote the message, I had just tried the old one.

Regards,
Bengt

by Kremena Gocheva -
This answer may belong to the "Tips and tricks" section even less than the question smile but you may like to look at some groupware tools (my favorite is PHProjekt at www.phprojekt.com - you can test a demo there) and hack the one you choose to work with Moodle or post the request to do so in the appropriate forum here.

PHProjekt is taylored for teamwork on projects - it features assignment of tasks, follow-up, a great calendar to share times and ressources (such as rooms, projectors, cars etc.), client request tracking tools, and a project description tool that supports dependencies (like "task X starts at ... but not earlier than Y"), and draws a simple Gantt chart - and all of this is web based collaboration.