NEW THEME: Alpine theme

NEW THEME: Alpine theme

by Tom Tuduc -
Number of replies: 10

alpine theme

For Moodle 1.5.3 or later

download: http://webarches.com/moodletheme/nature-alpine.zip also check in Moodle.org theme

demo site: http://webarches.com/elearning-154/moodle/

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Tuduc

Re: NEW THEME: Alpine theme

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hello Tom,

Thank you for sharing your themes, they are quite neat, clear and legible. Who made those nature logos, you?

Rgrds,
Paul.

In reply to Paul Nijbakker

by Tom Tuduc -

Thanks Paul,

I created the color schemes and backgrounds. Some of the pictures I took myself, others are from public domain, i.e. US National Parks web sites and NASA. I have made over 20 of these nature schemes. I will put more on here.

Regards,

Tom

In reply to Tom Tuduc

by A. T. Wyatt -
I am anxious to give them a try.  Thank you very much for sharing!

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by A. T. Wyatt -
I have downloaded all three of your themes, and I have the same problem with each.  I am using Firefox 1.0.7 and Moodle 1.6.1

The breadcrumb trail is a bit low.  See screen shot.  It is a bit low in IE also, but not as bad as Firefox.

What is the best way to correct this?

Thank you!
atw
Attachment breadcrumb_problem.gif
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Tom Tuduc -

I haven't had a chance to test on 1.6.1. If you like to get a head start, the nature themes are modified Formal_White theme.

The jpegs are replaced, and two style sheets are modified: fw_color and fw_fonts.

Best regards,

Tom

In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by A. T. Wyatt -
This helps--

In fw_layout.css change this

.navbar {
  margin-right: 0px;
  width: 100%;
  padding:0px;
  height: 30px;
  border-width:1px;
  border-style:solid;
}

and this

.breadcrumb {
 padding-top: 1px;
 padding-left: 3px;
 }

.navbar .navbutton {
  padding-right: 1px;
  padding-top: 1px;
 }

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Marc Paré -
Thanks atw ... this seems to fix a problem in the theme formal_white where some of the pages were rendered improperly in Linux. Could someone else verify this? I have updated these lines and there is no longer a problem with the offset left hand margin. If this is the case then all of the themes based on formal_white should be upgraded to these lines and formal_white theme should also then be corrected with these lines on the official package.

See this discussion for the thread: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=50716

Marc
In reply to Marc Paré

by A. T. Wyatt -
I did follow your discussion over there.  I am not using linux, actually, but a WIMP server, but it seemed to me that there were some small changes needed in the layout file for 1.6.  I also installed the clouds theme and am having similar problems!  I will work awhile on that as well; perhaps the solution will be almost the same.

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by dan roggenkamp -
Yes, this fixed the problem for me. I'm using Fedora 5 and Firefox 1.5.0.6, and was experiencing exactly the same problem with the left margin, but, as far as I can tell, this fixed it.

There still seems to be an underlying issue with the left margin, however. When I enlarge the text using Firefox (Ctrl+) two times, the left margin problem returns. This didn't happen with formal_white under Moodle 1.5+.

But this is still a good fix. Thanks very much ATW!
In reply to Tom Tuduc

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Tom,

This is a wonderful theme, thank you.  I seem to have a problem with it loading very slowly though.  Any thoughts?

Ralph