User email addresses not always displayed in forum emails

User email addresses not always displayed in forum emails

by Chad Badiyan -
Number of replies: 2
When forum messages are sent out by email, some include the sender's email address in the from address while others use the site "noreplyaddress" (set on the administration -> configuration -> variables page).

I am running Moodle 1.5.3+. Is this a bug? What setting determines which email address is used in the forum emails.

Thanks for your help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Badiyan

Re: User email addresses not always displayed in forum emails

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
It's not a bug, it's a feature smile

The "email display" setting in the User's Profile controls the visibility of the address to others, allowing you to show or hide your email address. There are three options: you can set it so that all users (including guests) could see your email address, or so that only other participants in the course can see the email address, or so that no one could see your email address at all.

If a user has set the "email display" setting in their profile to be hidden, then the noreply address will be used as the sender's email address. If not, then their own email address will be used.

This is an individual setting - it's the user's choice.
In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: User email addresses not always displayed in forum emails

by Chad Badiyan -
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your explanation. I had thought the same but my test results were not consistent, possibly because I was using an admin account.

Thanks again.
Chad