payment revisited

payment revisited

by angel williams -
Number of replies: 1
since it seems there is more activity on the boards right now, i'd like to aske once again if anyone has a suggestion for how to "interrupt" the enrolment key sequence or something similar to allow for payment possiblities.

i'm not saying build payment code into moodle, persay, just a place where one have either a full page or popup "add to cart" & "checkout" window that can collect payment (using ones own cart or paypal for example) and then be returned to moodle screen.

the enolment key sequence seems most obvious..it would look like:

- courses that require an enrolment key would redirect the user to a page of the admin's choice.

when someone clicks a course description that needs a key, rather than just being directed to the login screen (which is confusing IMHO) they would be sent to the page (each course would have input for its own "How To Get A Key" page)

- the redirect could be to a form that simply allows a person to fill out for requesting a key for free courses or could be an description with payment options page.

-of course in this page, the email of the person wanting access would be collected whether paid or free, so that:

- an email that contains the key would be sent to the inidividual. that email could be generated by autoresponder, the admin or by a shoppng cart, depending on what security/access level there is.

this would, i believe make moodle more flexible because it could become more of its own complete course catalog rather than just where one goes when they already have a key. in particular, that redirect to the login screen for keyed courses is strange because there is no *prominent* way for the person to know why they are redirected and what they should do when they get there...some kind of "This Course Requires An Enrolment Key..." message seems appropriate and possible. and if so, why not then be able to add a link to where one goes to gt the key, whether that is by email request or cart or whatever?

if i knew coding, i'd really be happy to do it. i looked a little, but alas, my coding skills are absent.

PLEASE any suggestions helpful and offers to make the necessary change for a fee will be fully entertained

Average of ratings: -