PHP error in Forums

PHP error in Forums

by Ted G -
Number of replies: 3

When I setup a new Forum activity and click the link to get into it, I receive the following error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_user_preferences() in d:\home\hnt10d208\www\virtualschool\mod\forum\view.php on line 179

However, previously created Forums get the following error when the link is clicked:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_user_preferences() in d:\home\hnt10d208\www\virtualschool\mod\forum\discuss.php on line 71

The errors started after I uploaded the latest Forum module. I'm using a hosted Windows 2000 ServerMoodle 1.2 development (2004011700),  and the latest Forum module.

Any ideas what might be wrong and how it can be fixed? I'm going "live" for the very first time in 6 days.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ted G

Re: PHP error in Forums

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You need to upgrade everything, not just the forum module.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ted G -

I should have stated that I upgraded all of the modules and not just the forums the other day. I didn't install the latest Moodle though. Is that the problem?

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ted G -
That was the problem. I installed the latest version of Moodle and all is well. Thanks for the help.