Errors creating new wikis

Errors creating new wikis

by Hugh Morrow -
Number of replies: 1
Everything was working just fine and then ... bugger!

I created a new course with no problems and added a 'new wiki' (dfwiki) () ... and now I get a series of errors at the top of the page.  It appears to be due to an error in the path as there is a missing directory - see the red highlight below.

I can create wikis in other courses just fine.  I've created some new, new courses and get the same errror.

Can anyone help?  I really don't want to be stuck while Ludo and his team are out on holidays. 

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

The details:
1. Running moodle 1.6.1 & wiki_rev2006071401.zip
2. I have substituted [path deleted] for the path to the various directories in the error below.

Warning
: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path deleted]/setuplib.php on line 69
ERROR: Could not find or create a directory ([path deleted]sbi_moodledata//12)

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dfwiki71) is not within the allowed path(s): ([path deleted]:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [path deleted]/lib/moodlelib.php on line 4367
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugh Morrow

Re: Errors creating new wikis

by Hugh Morrow -
Well after more investigation it looks like a permissions problem of some kind ... the course directory wasn't being created (in the case above [path deleted]/sbi_moodledata/12).  Manually creating the directory allowed the script to run properly and all is ok.  (although there are a number of other warnings that get written when the debug mode is switched on).

I'm not sure what caused this problem to rear its head ... maybe my hosting company has made some changes?