Your session has timed out. Please login again.

Your session has timed out. Please login again.

by Sailaja Praharaju -
Number of replies: 6

I just installed the moodle 1 week back. Till day before y'day it was working fine. since y'day it is not logging me into the moodle.

Always i am getting this error message Your session has timed out. Please login again.

I try to restart the apache, deleted the cookies nothing solved my issue.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sailaja Praharaju

Re: Your session has timed out. Please login again.

by Sailaja Praharaju -

Can someone  help me in this issue ? It is really urgent

by Ken Wilson -
Sailaja -- A few things to check:

1. Try deleting cookies manually from your browser and close it down, then access your site again. Sometimes this clears up the problem.
2. Check the permissions on your moodledata/sessions directory. When you access moodle a new file should be created there.
3. I sometimes get this error if I am running two versions of moodle on the same computer, so run the session test script to check. Browse to http://your.domain.com/moodle/lib/session-test.php. Follow the on-screen instructions

If these don't help, please post your config.php.

-- Ken

by Jacob Kier -
I had the same problem on a Fedora Core 5 system (though in my case it was a brand new install).  My issue was with SELinux--disabling it fixed the problem.

Jacob
In reply to Jacob Kier

by Kev Gilbert -

Hi Sailaja,

Open my computer and in the address bar type the url of your moodle directory. You should find you can get in. Although only a temporary measure (you will still get the same problem using internet explorer) you may be able to find the problem once logged in.

I'm havin the same problem, and have decided to reinstall, will let you know if I figure it out.

Kev

In reply to Kev Gilbert

by Mark vd Straten -
Hi,

I've had the same problem.
It is solved when you set write permissions to the moodledata directory and especially to the moodledata/sessions directory.

Mark
In reply to Mark vd Straten

by JD Hall -
Thanks for the post.

I had the same problem when I moved our data over from an IIS server with Moodle 1.8.2 to a Ubuntu 8.04 LAMP box with Moodle 1.9.

Running -
sudo chown -R www-data.www-data /var/moodledata
- fixed the problem for me.

I thought ran that command once already, but perhaps I needed to run it again after initializing the upgrade.